Adding a new listing:
Vessel Listings can be submitted two ways: On the Front End by clients/visitors, or in the Admin Back End, by an administrator.
- Typically, a client/visitor will submit the vessel listing on the front end and the admin(s) will be notified in an email with a link to the Pending Vessel Listings.
2019-10-07: New feature added to the Vessel Listing – click here for details
- Admins can enter Vessel listings directly in the back end, but you will not be able to upload a Vessel Survey PDF, although you likely won’t need to. If you do want to attach a PDF, fill out the front end form as the client and include the PDF. This will create the listing as Pending and you can then go into the admin and finish adding the details.
Editing an existing listing:
- Go to the ‘Vessels’ page from the admin menu (select ‘Vessels’ from the admin menu).
- Hover over the title of the listing you would like to edit and select ‘Edit’.
- Once you are done editing the listing, click the ‘Update’ button in the ‘Publish’ box.
Listing Image Galleries
Things to keep in mind:
- When you create/edit/save the images to begin with and you name them with the code + #, name them in the order you want them in in the gallery (I suspect that is what you’ve been doing), but also USE TWO DIGITS for the end numbering. This will ensure they are output in the correct order.
- Always separate the two digit image number with the dash for consistency (i.e. P1234P-01, etc.). It is a LOT easier to manipulate the data and create sorted outputs the way you want them if the data is consistent. There were a number of images without the dash.
- Make the main/featured image -01 and number up from there. Again, consistency. There are still some main images without numbers and that’s fine – too much of a pain to reorder all the images in a group, but going forward, use -01 for the main/featured image.
- If the images don’t sort properly in the admin when you first add them to the listing, you can just drag and drop them / sort manually, but REMEMBER: the title w/number is what determines the order they are output, so if you want to change the order, you can just RENUMBER them in their title boxes in the admin. The actual image file names will still be the old numbers, but the titles are what’s important.
Deleting a listing:
- Go to the ‘Vessels’ admin page (select ‘Vessels’ from the admin menu).
- Hover over the title of the listing you would like to delete and select ‘Trash’.